Friday, July 19, 2013

My Author Site Re-Design

Drop by my author site to see the changes I've made. Emphasis has all but been removed from the "romance" angle (the 1970s Southern wedding colors of pink, green and gold are gone, daddy, gone) because only one of my titles (Storm Surge) actually follows romance guidelines (boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back, they live happily ever after).

While my other titles certainly include love stories, they are not romances. They're what the romance contest community and the RWA call "mainstream fiction with romantic elements."  Only Sweet Southern Boys has no romantic elements.

Working on the re-design has really kicked my bootay... and I'm not finished yet. I still need to make an image credits page. Gonna take a break first, as there are probably over 150 images on the eight web pages that comprise the site.

Believe it or not, I'm so sick of website updating, I'm looking forward to writing -- to getting back to Little Sister.  That's saying a lot, because (as I've noted before), I belong to the P.J. O'Rourke school of writing.
"Writing is agony. I hate it. ....When I'm writing, I spend a lot of time thinking, 'My, doesn't the top of the fridge look dirty'. It takes for ever.  I like thinking about writing. I like having written. But actually sitting down and doing it ..." 
-- P.J. O'Rourke, journalist, writer and
political satirist, to Christopher Bray
of the U.K.'s Telegraph, 2005
So, follow the link, have a look around, visit my author blog and leave a comment, I'd enjoy hearing from you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but monitored.