Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Unintended Humor (from the Humor Impaired)

So I make up this little poll while I'm waiting for content to upload to another of my websites...   I post it between 10 and 11 Tuesday morning. Blogspot always puts the wrong time on my blog entries -- not sure why, because the clock on my computer has the correct time.
 
At any rate, something like about three hours after I posted the poll, Perfesser Simpson is bloggin' about it (and he calls ME obsessed, LOL!)
Vote Early, Vote Often …. But Vote!

For those of you who don’t like Kevin Levin, here’s the poll you’ve all been waiting to see, prepared by a blogger whose obsession with other bloggers is legendary, judging from the contents of her blog.
Maybe now that some folks have gotten that out of their system, we can move on.
http://cwcrossroads.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/vote-early-vote-often-but-vote/#comments
Why is humor soooo much funnier when it comes from the humor impaired?  I mean, Perfesser, you could move on regardless of what I do or don't do.  You realize that, don't you?  Unless you're acknowledging that I have some ... power ... some  hold ... over whether you, or your blog, or your comment thread satellites, can move on....?
 
Speaking of comment threads, there are only four following the Perfesser's post as of this writing, but they're even funnier than the original “Vote Early, Vote Often …. But Vote!” post itself!  Take a gander:
Charles Persinger
November 1, 2011 @ 1:13 pm

I see nobody has participated in the poll as of yet—i guess when her blog only has a handful of followers there isn’t much participation.
Wow!  Nobody has participated in the first three hours of a poll that will be online until December 31? Oh, woe is me!
Brooks D. Simpson
November 1, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

When I visited to get the link, a grand total of thirteen people (one for each star on the CSA flag) had voted. You have to poke around the poll to discover that.
So, twenty-seven minutes after Charlie posts, Perfesser Simpson suddenly finds there have been thirteen respondants. Whoops.  I guess being able to count is what separates the perfessers from the sycophant comment-posters...  The perfesser continues: 
I think it’s an “unfortunate circumstance” that the poll’s results are not readily visible without a bit of poking around. :) That said … Kevin gets his own poll! Rats! :)*
  And Charlie responds: 
Charles Persinger
November 1, 2011 @ 2:13 pm
 
I should have looked harder but I’m afraid i will lose brain cells if i stay to long.
Whew!  Good thing he didn't hang around.  Doesn't look like he has a whole lot of brain cells to lose! 
James F. Epperson
November 1, 2011 @ 3:56 pm
 
This woman keeps finding ways to exceed herself …
  Why thank you, sir.
 
*(More about the "unfortunate circumstance" reference here:  http://members.cox.net/180dts/CensoredReplies.html)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but monitored.