Thursday, October 29, 2015

Lyin' Liars ... Again

And I enjoy watching Brooks D. Simpson display his hypocrisy and deficiency of integrity on his blog.

I didn't say Simpson's post SAID heritage advocates are haters and terrorists. ... I said it IMPLIES they are -- and I say IMPLIES in plain English, right after "nevertheless" -- and his post certainly does imply that, beginning with the subject line:

Here's more:
I wasn't defending this guy, although I do defend people from unfair attacks. Or I counterattack those who have no moral authority for the initial attack...

Frankly, I am amazed at how people who present themselves as normally intelligent, even educated people, turn to completely gullible dupes when they see something on the internet, especially if it seems to support their existing prejudices and hatreds.

I dunno, folks, to me, the belt looks like a belt and it doesn't look like any nooses I've ever seen pictures of (I don't think I've ever seen one except in pics and movies). They are made of rope and have a coil around the rope and... well, I wasn't familiar enough to even name the coil, so I googled it, and found this at Wikipedia: A noose is a loop at the end of a rope in which the knot slides to make the loop collapsible. Knots used for making nooses include the running bowline, the tarbuck knot, and the slip knot. The fellow's belt didn't have a running bowline, a tarbuck knot or a slip knot that I could discern, though it did appear to be formed into a loop by fastening with the buckle.

As I've noted in an earlier post, somebody at Simpson comment thread said a friend of his -- an unnamed, unidentified friend said some woman, also not named or identified, purportedly videoed the guy saying the belt represented a noose.|

I read a tweet earlier today that said the fellow used the belt to fasten the flag to his motorcycle.... So who knows?
 
And does it matter? The folks at XRoads are gonna believe the worst, regardless of evidence to back them up, because that's that they do. But I will say this. I wasn't defending the guy, because I don't know what the belt was for, or his reason for having it on his flag pole -- and that was my whole point of offering other scenarios. Theirs is not more plausible than mine and THAT was my point. Not to defend the dorag flagger but to show the willingness of the XRoads crowd to pre-judge based on mostly imagination and interpretation and their own bigotry.  Here's yet another an example:
Simpson is way too obsessed with assigning "inferiority" to people he doesn't like. In fact, it's far more common for leftists, liberals, do-gooder "anti-racists" and such to be the ones who are sooo eager, so anxious, in fact, so needful of labeling people "inferior." (I also note that Simpson's usage makes supremacy and superiority synonyms; they are not synonymous.)

And as a bonus:
Nope. My views are not really compatible with libertarianism. On some issues, they have a tendency to confuse license for liberty. Hope you're not too disappointed, Ohioguy. On second thought, I really couldn't care less what you think of it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but monitored.