Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Possible New Flogger

Backsass extends a very, very tentative welcome to Professor Carl Denbow of Ohio University, who replied to Carl Roden's challenge by not answering a single thing Mr. Roden asked.

Due to the nature of his response, and his employment as an establishment educator, I am giving him probationary status as a flogger.

I discovered this admittedly meager information about Professor Denbow with a Google search. Among other things, I found out he received his master’s degree from Ohio State University (not to be confused with Ohio University, where he now teaches. I think).

Ohio State.... Hmmm, that reminded me of something I had not thought about in years -- musician Kim Pensyl -- Columbus, Ohio native and an absolute virtuoso smooth jazz man ... or he was when I discovered "Monterey Magic" in the early 1990s -- my absolutist favoritist song for a good while back then. The CD cover read, "Produced, performed, written and arranged by Kim Pensyl."

So I got nostalgic and looked it up on YouTube. Now, for everyone's listening pleasure, here's Kim Pensyl playing Monterey Magic... remember, this is all performed by one guy. One guy....

Man, oh man. Listen to him burn up those 88s starting at 2:56 in....(If you don't like smooth jazz, you can skippit.)



 Official Kim Pensyl website:http://www.kimpensyl.com/

9 comments :

  1. He did make a response, more than the rest of them did....not that what he wrote was in any coherent context. Oh well, I didn't expect much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob Baker has also replied at --- http://historicstruggle.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/a-gentlemans-agreement/

      Maybe he will let you address his response on his blog.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Perhaps you could post it here? I'd rather not trust our pal with objectivity. I gave him the benefit of the doubt too many times before.

      Delete
    4. I posted links to "A simple Challenge"

      GP

      Delete
    5. Cannot post here to long. ---------------

      http://historicstruggle.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/a-gentlemans-agreement/

      Delete
    6. LOL sorry Rob's response is way too incoherent to be taken seriously. Disappointing really.

      Delete
  2. My hat is off to anyone who can wade through that sea of pedantry. I don't have the patience for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baker doesn't know enough to be pedantic, and despite his best efforts, he writes so poorly that his ideas are all reduced to an incoherent mass of desultory bromides and exiguous parolgisms. The essay he has posted in response to C.W. Roden's challenge, is an embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, but monitored.